When dealing with insurance companies things can get a little confusing for some. We normally don’t deal directly with insurance companies but we are here to try to make the process a little easier.
Here are the recommended steps to make the process go smoothly:
- Contact us for a free estimate.
- Provide a copy of our estimate to your adjuster when he arrives to inspect your claim.
- If your adjuster has already been there, compare your insurance claim with Discount Siding’s estimate to make sure nothing was missed on either side and that the amounts allowed will cover the repair. We can help you with that, if needed.
- If your insurance company’s estimate is the same or more than ours then sign one copy of our estimate and return to us to schedule your repair.
- If your insurance company’s estimate is less than our estimate then send a copy of our estimate to your adjuster or agent and they will review and compare. Some company adjusters, especially catastrophic adjusters, may not have current pricing for this area. Feel free to have them call us with any questions they may have.
- When you are satisfied that the estimates compare favorably, sign one copy of Discount Siding’s estimate & return to us to schedule your repairs.
- Once repairs are completed, submit our statement to your insurance company, and your payment is due to Discount Siding. If you are not able to pay the entire amount until you receive your recoverable depreciation, you should at least pay the cash value for those repairs that you have already received. PLEASE MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS AT THE TIME YOU SIGN TO GET SCHEDULED.
Every insurance company is a little different on how they handle claims so if you need additional help, please let us know!